Conair Website Privacy Notice
Conair Corporation and its corporate affiliates ("Conair", "we, "us" or "our") value our relationship with you, our customer, and your privacy. This Conair Website Privacy Notice explains how and why we collect, use, protect, and share your information, including both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (defined below), through websites or applications (collectively, the "Site") where this Privacy Notice is posted.
Information We Collect
The information we collect about you may include both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that can identify you as an individual, such as your name, home address, contact information, and financial payment information. "Non-Personal Information" is information that does not reveal your individual identity, such aggregate statistics or general demographic information like gender.
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Information that we collect directly from you includes your name, email address, billing and/or shipping address, phone number, payment account information, and your preferences and interests. We will also collect any information that you otherwise provide to us, such as any comments, content, or questions that you submit to us through our Site.
- Information that we collect from third parties may include contact information (if, for example, another Conair customer ships a product directly to you) or demographic and lifestyle information. If you interact with us on social networking platforms, we may also use that information from those social networking platforms, such as your Facebook user name and other publicly available Facebook information.
- Information that we automatically collect about you when you use our Site varies depending on the settings of your web browser or device, but it may include the content you view on our Site; the date and time you access our Site; how long you use our Site; the type of web browser you are using (for example, Firefox or Chrome); the type of device you are using (for example, whether you are using a mobile device); and your Internet Protocol address (which is a unique string of numbers to identify devices connected to a network). See the section below titled Cookies and Tracking for more information.
We may combine information from all of the above sources. If you do not provide information to us, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
Use of Information
We use your information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Customer service. We use your information for customer service purposes, including to provide products and services to you; to provide you with a personalized shopping experience; for warranty, technical support, or other similar purposes; and to establish and update your customer account.
- Communication. We use your information to communicate with you, including to respond to requests for assistance and updates relevant to you. We may communicate with you in a variety of ways, including postal mail, email, and/or telephone.
- Marketing. We use your information for marketing purposes, including to provide you with special offers, promotions, news, and newsletters; to contact you about products we think may interest you; to target advertisements to you; to administer contests, promotions, and other offers; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes. Our marketing communications with you may include communications via postal mail, email, and/or telephone.
- Research and development. We use your information for research and development purposes, including to improve our Site, products, services, and customer experience; to understand our customer demographics; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Legal compliance. We use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; and as part of legal proceedings.
- Protection of us and others. We use your information where we believe it is necessary to protect us and others.
We share your information with the following entities:
- Corporate Relatives. We may share your information with any current or future parent company, affiliate, or subsidiary.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our contractors, vendors, service providers, agents, or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we may share your information with service providers who host our Site, coordinate mailings, or analyze aggregate information about our customers.
- Conair Site Users. We may share your information with other Conair Site users. For example, if you post a review, pictures, or other content on our Site, the contents of your post, as well as other information, such as your username, may be available to all Site visitors.
- Unaffiliated Third Parties. We may share the information we collect about you with other unaffiliated third parties, such as social media and networking platforms. These third parties may use such information for their own Direct Marketing Purposes. The use of information by these unaffiliated third parties is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. See the section titled Your California Privacy Rights below for more information about your rights under California law regarding our disclosures to third parties.
We may also share your information in the following ways:
- Business Transfers. We may share your information with another entity if we or any of our current or future corporate relatives are acquired by or merged with another legal entity, if substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to another legal entity, as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of a similar transfer of assets.
- In Response to Legal Process. We may share your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement; to comply with governmental, administrative, or judicial process or other similar requirement or order, such as a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or governmental agencies any activities that we believe are in violation of applicable laws, rules, or regulations without providing notice.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate or de-identified information about our customers for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
You have certain choices regarding the Personal Information we collect about you. For example, you may:
- Request to Modify the Personal Information We Have Collected About You. You may request to modify your Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying the addition, deletion, or other modification to your Personal Information that you would like us to make.
- Request to Modify Content You Have Posted. You may request to modify content that you have posted to our Site by emailing us at email@example.com and specifying the content (such as comments or reviews) that you would like modified or deleted. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your content. If this is the case, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Even if we are able to anonymize or make your content or information no longer visible, there is no way to ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your content from the Internet because third parties may have archives of Conair web pages. We therefore cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Privacy Notice, the law, or your personal privacy.
- Deactivate Your Account. If you have an account with us, you may deactivate your account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that we deactivate your account.
- Opt Out of Promotional Email Communications. You may opt out of promotional emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email, or by emailing us at email@example.com, and explaining the email that you would like to unsubscribe from. Please also note that if you have previously added your contact information to the mailing list of one of our clients or partners and later withdraw your permission, you will have to contact that third party (or use an opt-out link provided in an email communication from that client or partner) to request removal from that mailing list as well.
- Opt Out of Promotional Text Message Communications. You may opt out of promotional text messages by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the text message, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and briefly describing the text message that you would like to unsubscribe from.
- Opt Out of Promotional Mail Communications. You may opt out of promotional mail communications by following the instructions provided in the mailing, or by emailing us at email@example.com, and briefly describing the mailing that you would like to unsubscribe from.
- Opt Out of Interest-Based Advertising. We may use third-party service providers such as Google’s AdSense and AdWords to help us provide advertisements to you that are tailored to you based on interests that you have expressed on our Site or elsewhere ("Interest-Based Ads"). Any advertisements served by Google, Inc., and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to this Site. Any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google's own privacy policies. You may decide to disable all the Google cookies by clicking on: www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/optout?hl=en. You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt out of interest-based ads delivered by Google. You also may opt out of receiving Interest-Based Ads from many third-party ad networks, such as those provided by members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"). For more information regarding Interest-Based Ads by NAI members and DAA members, including how to opt out of Interest-Based Ads provided by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp(NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA). If you are in the European Union, go to www.youronlinechoices.eu for information about your choices with respect to third-party advertising, including instructions on how to opt out of participating ad networks. Please note that opting out of participating ad networks does not mean that you will not see advertisements at all and you will continue to receive advertisements on other websites and from companies that do not participate in the above programs. Even if you opt out of interest-based ads, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your IP address, your browser type and recent, previous searches related to your current search.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you communications about your account or any products or services you have purchased from us and we will still respond to your inquiries and requests for information.
- Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in functionality to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs, pixel tags, or action tags, among other names), in connection with our Site to perform functions like tracking the activities of visitors to our Site, helping us manage content, and compiling statistics about usage of our Site. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in emails to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
- Embedded Scripts. We use embedded scripts, which is code designed to collect information about how visitors interact with a website, such as the website which linked them to our Site.
- Do Not Track. Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Our Site may contain links to non-Conair websites and applications. Any access to and use of such non-Conair websites and applications are not governed by this Privacy Notice. Instead, your use of non-Conair websites or applications is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
International Transfers of Information
Our Site is intended to be used by customers located in the United States. If you are located anywhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect about you, including Personal Information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection and privacy laws in the United States differ from those of the country in which you are located. U.S. governmental agencies, courts, or law enforcement may be able to access or obtain your Personal Information (for example, in response to a court order).
By using a Conair Site, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of your information, including Personal Information, in the United States.
Our Site is for general audiences and is not targeted to children under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13), and we will delete any Personal Information collected that we later know to be from a customer under the age of thirteen (13). If you believe a child under the age of thirteen (13) has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the customer and information you believe to be from the child under thirteen (13).
We have taken steps to help protect the information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any information we have collected about you, and your use of our Site indicates that you understand and accept this risk.
You should take steps to protect your account by, among other things, choosing a strong password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password information private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, Conair customers who are California residents can request information about the types of Personal Information (if any) shared by Conair with third parties (if any) for "Direct Marketing Purposes" within the preceding calendar year, as well as the names and addresses of those third parties. "Direct Marketing Purposes" means the use of certain types of Personal Information to solicit or induce a purchase, rental, lease, or exchange of products, goods, property, or services directly to you.
If you are a California resident, you may email your request to email@example.com. Please (i) put "California Privacy Information Request" in the subject line and in the body of your message and (ii) state that you are a California resident and provide your California address. You may make one (1) request per calendar year.
Please note that we may take thirty (30) days to respond to your request. Please also be aware that California’s "Shine the Light" law only applies to certain types of Personal Information and only those types of Personal Information covered by the law will be included in our response.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice will be updated from time to time. Changes to this Privacy Notice will go into effect when posted. If revisions to this Privacy Notice materially affect how we use Personal information that we collected from you prior to the date of the revised Privacy Notice, we will obtain your consent for any new uses or sharing of your Personal Information. We will post any updated Privacy Notice to our Site.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Conair
ATTN: Customer Service
1 Cummings Point Road
Stamford, CT 06902